December 20, 2018 09:46 AM Eastern Standard Time
WILMINGTON, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Medac Urgent Care, a member of the Urgent Care Group Network, announced today that they now accept Medicaid patients at all five of their Wilmington, North Carolina urgent care centers, in addition to accepting most major insurances.
This decision aligns with Urgent Care Group and Medac Urgent Care’s primary goal, which is to provide affordable and efficient healthcare to all.
“New Hanover County is ranked in the top 20 counties in North Carolina for Medicaid patient enrollment, with more than 35,000 patients with Medicaid,” said Sarrah Johnson, DNP, RN, Chief Operating Officer of Urgent Care Group. “We are pleased to be able to open our doors to more patients and continue serving the Wilmington community.”
In addition to accepting Medicaid, Medac will provide three tiered flat rate bundles that focus on providing affordable healthcare services for patients without insurance. Each tier focuses on a different patient need such as illness, injuries, and comprehensive care. For more information on self-pay bundles, please visit MedacHealth.com.
Medac Urgent Care has 5 locations in the Wilmington area that are open every day from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, with extended hours to 11:00 PM at the Shipyard location in Long Leaf Mall. Medac Urgent Care centers are located throughout the Wilmington area at:
- Shipyard– 4402 Shipyard Boulevard Wilmington, NC 28403. (Long Leaf Mall across from John T. Hoggard High School)
- Military Cutoff– 1442 Military Cutoff Road Wilmington, NC 28403. (One Block from Eastwood Road)
- Monkey Junction– 5245 South College Road Wilmington, NC 28412. (Next to AutoZone Across from Lowes Foods)
- Porters Neck– 8115 Market Street Wilmington, NC 28411. (Near Walmart in Bayshore Commons)
- Murrayville– 2600 New Village Way Wilmington, NC 28403. (Across from Emsley A. Laney High School)
Medac Urgent Care also serves Wilmington area employers at their corporate health center located at 4402 Shipyard Boulevard Wilmington, NC 28403. Medac Corporate Health is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
For more information about Medac Urgent Care, visit MedacHealth.com.